Written and Fact Checked by: S. Zulfiqar
Smoking pot is excellent, but there are lots of other ways to enjoy cannabis as well. Many people are curious about how to make weed gummies, and luckily, the process is simple. Gummy candies are delicious and are made even better with the addition of THC. Cannabis gummies can get expensive when you buy them from a dispensary, so if you want to learn how to make THC weed gummies, there’s never been a better time.
Let’s learn how to make cannabis gummies, including all the best reasons to make your own weed gummies, the ingredients you’ll need, and a simple recipe.
Why Make Cannabis Gummies At Home?
Why do pot lovers want to learn how to make weed gummies? People have enjoyed marijuana-infused food and weed edibles for thousands of years. These items have historically been used for medical reasons, but today’s weed users also enjoy the many recreational effects of edibles. Here are some reasons to learn how to make cannabis gummies at home instead of purchasing them from a dispensary.
- Customized ratios. If you’re using both THC and CBD tinctures, you can dial in exactly the balance you prefer. Whether you choose a 1:1 THC:CBD blend or like to mix things up with more of one compound than the other, you can perfect your combination by making your own gummies.
- Long-lasting effects. Homemade weed gummies are perfect for people who use THC to relax; Many people who use gummies to relax report that homemade gummies can last longer than the pre-made varieties. Learn how to make weed gummies for effects lasting up to 8 hours.
- Manage pain. It’s no secret that marijuana helps reduce pain. Homemade weed gummies are a fast and straightforward treatment for people living with chronic pain. Knowing how to make THC gummies is a valuable skill for anyone struggling with pain.
- Improved sleep. Many weed users report it helps them sleep better. If you want these benefits without smoking, learning how to make cannabis candy can improve your sleep and life.
- Smoke-free lifestyles. For the many weed users who love the benefits of marijuana but aren’t excited about smoking, homemade THC gummies are a great alternative.
A Step-By-Step Guide For How To Make Weed Gummies
Weed gummies are delicious, potent, enjoyable, and easy to make yourself. If you’ve tried to find how to make pot candy online, you might have been disappointed in the results. We’ve seen other recipes that result in extra soft gummies that get runny at room temperature and even melt in our hands. That doesn’t help anyone learn how to make weed gummy bears.
If you want to make high-quality, amazing weed gummies, we’re here to share a tip from the professionals. You can learn how to make cannabis candy that matches anything you’ll find at a store. To get started, gather these ingredients and tools:
- Unflavoured gelatine
- Soy or sunflower lecithin
- Butter, vegetable oil, coconut oil, or another fat
- CBD tincture
- THC tincture
- Heating pan
- Mixing bowl
- Gummy moulds
When you have all your ingredients, here’s how to make weed candy.
To make candy, you need to cook the sugar until it melts. Don’t add anything to your sugar yet except for a small amount of water. Your sugar should look hard and crispy as it cools down but will remain fragile. That is a normal part of how to make weed gummies.
Add gelatine to your cooling sugar. The mixture will turn spongy and should have a texture similar to gummy candy or marshmallows. You can also add food colouring or even edible glitter at this stage.
Add your butter, vegetable oil, coconut oil, or another source of fat to your mixture. Adding oil to the mix creates a chewy texture, but this stage is one of the most complex parts of how to make weed gummies. The THC you’ll add later is also an oil, and this excess oil is what makes homemade gummies turn sticky, runny, or weepy.
Manage the excess oil by adding lecithin to your candy mixture. This process is called emulsification and helps your gummies preserve a stretchy texture at room temperature.
If you don’t add lecithin to emulsify your gummies, they’ll keep a texture similar to jello. If this is what you like, simply move your mix to the fridge and let it cool before enjoying it.
Pour your mixture into your moulds and let cool.
Enjoying Your Weed Gummies
Now that you know how to make weed gummies remember that you need to store them in an air-tight, refrigerated box for the best results. Make sure to keep these away from children and pets since they look like tasty treats. The next time you want to enjoy some pot but don’t want to smoke up, turn to your stash of homemade gummies instead. Or if you want to skip this whole process you can buy weed gummies online in Canada at DailyMarijuana.co.
- Hartney, Elizabeth. (2020, July 22). What is THC? Very Well Mind. Available at: https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-thc-in-marijuana-4080556
- Government of British Columbia. (2019, December 17). Edible Cannabis Affects People Differently ‘start low – go slow’ Fact Sheet. Available at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/public-safety-and-emergency-services/public-safety/cannabis/cannabis-edibles-safe-use-fact-sheet.pdf
- Rettner, R. (February 28, 2019). THC vs. CBD: Which Marijuana Compound Is More Beneficial? Live Science. Available At: https://www.livescience.com/64886-thc-cbd-marijuana-therapeutic-effects.html
- Grinspoon P MD. (2020, April 10). Medical Marijuana. Harvard Health. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/medical-marijuana-2018011513085