What Are Edibles?
Edibles include a broad range of orally-administered products including baked goods. These can include drinks, candies, lozenges, capsules, tinctures, and more. Each product contains a specified quantity of medical marijuana which is digested in the stomach, or in the mouth, depending. Although many varieties exist, almost all edibles are made using a process called decarboxylation, which is required in order to activate the medicinal properties of the plant material. Some benefits of edibles include:
- Convenience: Most edible products are easy to carry and administer when the patient requires medication.
- Discretion: Edibles offer an easy way of medicating without attracting attention or producing the aromas associated with smoking or vaporization.
- Symptom Relief: Edibles provide long-lasting symptom relief resulting from gradual digestion.
- Value: Edibles are a medicinally efficient way of administering cannabinoids, meaning that strong effects can be achieved at a reasonable cost to the patient.
- Health Benefits: Insomnia, Pain & Joint Relief, Anxiety, Nausea, PTSD, Increased Appetite.