If you love to experiment with cannabis, you’ve likely taken some cannabis tea. If you haven’t, you must have wondered how cannabis tea would taste like. Well, while we may not offer you a cup of tea, we can show you how to make one.
What Is Cannabis Tea?
Cannabis tea is simply tea infused with cannabis. It is suitable for recreational and therapeutic use, containing three cannabis famous compounds: CBD, CBN, and THC. These cannabinoids affect the human brain, providing both sedative and psychotic effects.
Cannabis tea is popular because it provides the effects of marijuana without needing to smoke. Smoking is the standard method of taking marijuana, but society has placed a negative connotation to it. Some people associate smoking with some health conditions. Also, due to its psychotic effects, marijuana is not too popular in the larger society. As such, taking marijuana-infused tea is a great way to enjoy yourself while keeping people out of your business. They will not see you smoking, but you will be as high as a kite in the end. Beginners who are dipping their toes in the weed community may also prefer marijuana tea before committing themselves to smoke.
Cannabis tea provides an excellent way to relax after a day of working hard. Since you do not inhale smoke into your lungs, the effects you get from your weed consumption will be mainly positive. Also, you will not have to walk around with a thick marijuana breath from smoking. If you are going through chemotherapy and are used to smoking weed to beat some of its effects, tea is a good alternative that you can take even during the active session.
Making the Tea
Preparing your cup of marijuana is as simple as when you make other teas. You only need to fill your coffee mug with hot water, pour in some ground cannabis, and wait it out for a few minutes. However, when it comes to weed, you may need some more patience. The reason is that cannabis contains oils that need to attach to something when the heat separates them from the plant material. That means that you need a binding agent to get the best out of your weed.
Also, the psychoactive compound in weed, THC, is released as THCA. This compound must be heated and turned into THC. The process of turning THCA into THC is called carboxylation. With all this needing to happen, making some marijuana tea might take a bit of your time. But, the outcome of it all is worth the effort.
Instead of using ground marijuana and waiting an hour every morning, here’s a quicker way that will ensure you have your cup of cannabis tea in under five minutes every day.
- 5 ounces of weed
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
- 1 or 2 tea bags
- 2 cups of water
- Stove for heating
- Put water in a pan and heat it, bringing it to a boil.
- Add butter to the boiling water and let it boil for some time until completely melted.
- Take your ground weed (if buds, crush them into smaller chunks) and add it to the butter and water mixture.
- Leave the mixture to boil for an hour. Stir the contents every 5 to 10 minutes, and after every stir, put back the lid on the pan.
- Once the time has elapsed, take your cheesecloth and fold it into two. Place it on top of a jar and secure it with a rubber band.
- Pour the cannabis mixture through the cheesecloth to take out the plant material from the solution. You may run a little hot water on the residue to take out the butter residue.
- Place the jar in a freezer and allow the butter to solidify. This process separates the water from the weed-infused butter. When you can, scoop out the butter and store it in a different container. This is your cannabutter.
- Now, prepare some tea the usual way, placing your tea bag in some boiling water. Add a teaspoon of your cannabutter and stir it in. The tea will be creamier and thicker than regular tea. It will also have the coveted psychoactive effects of weed.
Marijuana tea is easy to prepare and convenient. After collecting your cannabutter, you will only be scooping a teaspoon in the morning and getting on with your business. You may also add your favourite flavours to this tea. The cannabinoids do not conflict with any natural flavouring you prefer. As such, you can experiment freely; you could choose a unique flavour for each day. For example, you may add some sugar, honey, or fruits for additional aromatics. The flavourings improve the taste and mask the herbal weed flavour that some people do not enjoy.
Ensure that the butter is completely dissolved into your cup of tea before you take it.
Store the Excess Butter
Store the leftover cannabutter in your freezer. It will remain viable for a long time and will not lose its psychoactive properties. Before freezing it, cut the butter into small portions, so you won’t have to melt it whenever you need to use it. If your butter cannot be cut up evenly, here’s a trick you can use to create even sticks. Heat the cannabutter until completely melted. Pour the butter into an ice cube tray, and then freeze it. The butter will be in portion sizes that you can take out whenever your body craves some cannabis tea.
Marijuana Tea Is an Edible
A critical thing to remember is that marijuana tea remains an edible. As such, exercise caution when taking it. Use the ice cube portions to determine your dose, and do not take more tea before the content of your previous cup wears out. Edibles tend to have a delayed effect that could have you taking more than you need, only for the THC to kick you hard later. It may take up to one hour for you to feel anything. However, the real hit kicks in 3 to 4 hours after consumption. Avoid taking another cup during the waiting period.
Marijuana tea is a great way to enjoy the effects of cannabis as your lungs take a break. You only need the cannabutter, some hot water, and tea leaves. Besides cannabutter, a tincture or weed-infused honey may produce the same effect. Just add them to your brewed tea and enjoy it. Get all your weed supplies from Daily Marijuana. We stock excellent quality products.