Gummy candies often bring to mind childhood, when gummy bears were a popular candy of choice, and many children’s medications were available in gummy form.
But, gummies aren’t just for children anymore. Today, adult products are also available in gummy form—in addition to still being a type of sweet many grown-ups treat themselves to on occasion.
CBD gummies are one such popular adult gummy-based product. Below, we dive into what exactly they are, as well as the reasons many people choose to take CBD gummies regularly.
First, What Is CBD?
There are many terms out there when it comes to marijuana consumption. But, not everyone knows what they mean or what the difference between them all is. CBD is a common word that may also get confused with others.
CBD is short for cannabidiol and is known for giving the calming effects of marijuana without the high. To fully understand what it is, it is essential to know about its relative: THC.
A marijuana plant is made up of two main ingredients: CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). THC is the main primary compound in marijuana that produces intoxication when taken.
CBD acts at a counterbalance to THC by controlling the way THC interacts in the body. CBD is credited with lowering the risk of negative side effects by consuming too much THC and providing a balanced set of effects.
What Are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are a type of CBD edible. This chewy edible option is available in a variety of colours, shapes, and flavours, so users can be sure to easily find one that appeals to them. CBD gummies are also available in different dosages.
There are three different variations of CBD that can be available in gummies. It is important to know which one of the gummy options you are looking at has before purchasing. The three variations are:
- Full-spectrum CBD. These gummies may contain trace amounts of THC as well as all the chemicals that occur naturally in a cannabis plant. Know that there is a chance of getting the “high” effect since there could be small amounts of THC included in this type of CBD gummy.
- Broad-spectrum CBD. These gummies will not contain any THC but may contain other chemicals that occur naturally in the cannabis plant.
- CBD isolate. This is the pure form of CBD and will not contain THC traces or other naturally occurring chemicals from the plant.
If you are taking CBD specifically to avoid the high feeling of marijuana, it is important to make sure you choose a gummy that is broad-spectrum or CBD isolate.
3 Reasons People May Take CBD Gummies Daily
With CBD offering the calming benefits of marijuana, there are many reasons people may decide to incorporate CBD gummies into their daily routine, such as:
- To relieve social anxiety. Those with this condition often have a hard time functioning in social settings. They may be awkward or dread interacting with people at all. Taking CBD gummies daily can help put people at ease, making social interactions with others more comfortable.
- For general relaxation. People’s lives are busier than ever. It can seem like between work, hobbies, and family obligations, people are always on the go. CBD gummies can help people relax and handle the stress of jobs and families.
- To regulate sleep. Whether people just have trouble shutting down at night or suffer from insomnia, CBD gummies, with their long-lasting effects, can help users regulate their sleep, helping them feel relaxed enough to get some much-needed shut-eye.
CBD gummies, or CBD overall, is known for putting users into a calm and relaxed state. Using CBD gummies as part of your lifestyle can help make dealing with anxiety-inducing situations easier.
Reasons to Take CBD in Gummy Form
In addition to taking CBD gummies to help with the issues above, CBD in this form offers many other benefits as well.
- CBD gummies are discreet. Users can easily carry them with them to take when they need to, without those around them knowing they are taking CBD.
- CBD gummies disguise the flavour of hemp. Hemp by itself can have a very bitter taste, which is off-putting to many people. CBD gummies hide this, offering a tasty way to ingest CBD.
- Gummies are pre-dosed. Each gummy contains a specific amount of CBD in it, so you’ll know exactly how much you are taking when you eat a gummy. This eliminates any guesswork required with other forms of edibles.
- Gummies are long-lasting. CBD gummies can work for up to seven hours. Although they take longer to go into effect, their long-lasting nature makes up for it.
- CBD gummies have no smoke smell. Another benefit of CBD gummies is that they do not put off the tell-tale marijuana or vape smoke smell. This is a benefit for those with lung issues and who wish for their CBD consumption to be private.
Finding Your Dosage
No matter what way users choose to take marijuana, via CBD gummies, other edibles, vaping, or smoking, choosing the right dosage is important. If you are new to CBD, it is better to start with a low dose and slowly increase it. Just keep in mind, it does take time for CBD gummies to go into effect, so increasing your dosage should be done gradually.
CBD Gummies in Conclusion
CBD gummies provide the benefits of marijuana without leaving users with the high feeling. Used as part of your everyday life, CBD gummies can help reduce stress and anxiety and leave people feeling calm and relaxed.